Gampel Pavilion is the place to be this weekend for UConn basketball fans. The men and women basketball teams both host their home openers, and there will be plenty going on around the arena as well.
The men’s opener on Friday, Nov. 8, at 7 p.m. will be Huskies & Heroes Day. UConn camouflage fanny packs will be handed out to fans on a first-come first-serve basis.
The women’s opener on Sunday, Nov. 10, at 1 p.m. is Ag Day, and anyone arriving early gets a free UConn reusable grocery bag, while supplies last.
UConn has been touting its Werth Champions Center as a shiny, state-of-the-art facility, and now fans will get a peek. The Werth Champions Center lobby will be open to the public for one hour from 90 minutes prior to tip-off until 30 minutes prior for both men’s and women’s home games at Gampel Pavilion.
For those that struggle with math, that’s 5:30-6:30 p.m. for the men, and 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. for the women.
As far as food is concerned, Gampel now has a chicken wing and pretzel concession in the west court area.
CHECK OUT ALL OUR SEASON PREVIEW COVERAGE USING THE LINKS BELOW!
Here are some other things to know about Gampel and the XL Center this year:
- Fan shuttle services will be provided running routes from F Lot to Gampel and downtown Storrs to Gampel. Parking is available in the North Garage for $12 and in the South Garage for $15.
- Metal detectors will be in place for all 2019-2020 UConn home basketball games at Gampel Pavilion and the XL Center.
- The XL Center now offers Randy’s Wooster Street Pizza. Among their options are peanut butter & bacon and macaroni & cheese pies... so get your fill.
- There’s a new Carvel soft-serve ice cream stand is now in section 106.
- Section 114 will now be home to Whey Station Loaded Tot’s.