Major Leaguer stats through 9/4; Minor league stats through 9/6
Nick Ahmed [Arizona Diamondbacks]:
- Week: On August 20, it was announced Ahmed would have hip surgery, ending his season.
- Season: In 90 games, Ahmed had a slash line of .218/.265/.299. He had four home runs and 20 RBI, to go along with 26 runs scored.
John Andreoli [Iowa Cubs - AAA (Chicago Cubs)]:
- Week: Andreoli went 9-for-29 this week with a slash line of .310/.344/.379. He was 5-for-5 on stolen base attempts and worked two walks. He also scored four runs and had two RBI. He went 1-for-4 over the final two games of the regular season. He scored three runs, walked six times, had one RBI and was 4-for-4 on stolen base opportunities. He broke a nine-game hitting streak on the last day of the regular season. Iowa did not qualify for the postseason.
- Season: Andreoli hit .256/.374/.396 in 140 games. He was 43-for-55 in stolen base attempts. He had 12 home runs, 61 RBI and 96 runs scored. He added 21 doubles and seven triples. He led the PCL in stolen bases.
Matt Barnes [Boston Red Sox]:
- Week: Barnes made three appearances, pitching 1 inning. On Sunday, he did not record an out, allowing five runs on three hits. On Wednesday, he allowed a walk in 1/3 of an inning and in 2/3 of an inning on Thursday, allowed one hit and struck out two.
- Season: In 59 2/3 innings pitched, Barnes has made 49 appearances, all in relief. He has a 4.37 ERA, a 1.37 WHIP and 64 strikeouts against 27 walks. He is 1-for-1 in save opportunities.
Carson Cross [State College Spikes - A- Short Season (St. Louis Cardinals)]:
- Week: Cross pitched 6 shut-out innings in his start on Sunday, allowing four hits. He struck out four batters and walked two. On Saturday, he threw 6 more innings, allowing three runs, two of which were earned. He allowed four hits, struck out six and walked three. He did not pitch over the final two days of the regular season. The Spikes will play Staten Island in a first round playoff series.
- Season: Cross has pitched 80 2/3 innings in 14 starts in the regular season, with a 4-5 record. Batters have hit .261 against him and he has a WHIP of 1.33, as well as an ERA of 3.24. He has 53 strikeouts against 27 walks and has hit three batters.
LJ Mazzilli [Binghamton Mets - AA (New York Mets)]:
- Week: Mazzilli was 2-for-17 with a slash line of .118/.211/.118. He scored two runs and was 1-for-2 in stolen base attempts. Mazzilli also worked two walks. Over the final two days of the regular season he hit 4-for-8 with a triple and a run. Binghamton did not qualify for the playoffs. Binghamton did not qualify for the playoffs.
- Season: In 122 games between AA and AAA, Mazzilli hit .239/.320/.348 with 17 doubles, six triples and 43 RBI. He hit five home runs and scored 52 runs. He was 8-for-12 stealing bases. He was promoted to AAA Las Vegas on August 5 and was demoted to AA Binghamton on August 20.
Max McDowell [Wisconsin Timber Rattlers - A (Milwaukee Brewers)]:
- Week: McDowell slashed .308/.357/.385 in a 4-for-13 week this week. He was 3-for-3 in stolen base attempts and scored two runs, in addition to three RBI. He struck out twice on the week. Over the final two days of the regular season, he hit 1-for-3 with an RBI and a walk. He was 1-for-1 stealing bases.
- Season: In 98 games, McDowell has hit .270/.359/.345. He has 27 RBI and 21 doubles while scoring 48 runs. He is 21-for-24 on stolen base attempts. He was named a Midwest League All-Star starter.
Bobby Melley [Princeton Rays - Rookie (Tampa Bay Rays)]:
- Week: Melley hit 8-for-18 with two walks this week, giving him a slash line of .444/.500/.611. Melley had five RBI and scored three runs. He had three doubles and only struck out twice on the week. The Rays made the playoffs but lost in a first round best-of-three series. He hit 3-for-11 with two doubles. He scored a run, had two RBI and was hit by a pitch. He also had a sacrifice fly.
- Season: Melley made his debut on June 23 after signing a minor league deal with the Tampa Bay Rays on June 21. In 48 games, he has slashed .323/.404/.466, hitting four home runs and 15 doubles to go along with 32 RBI and 34 runs. He hit 3-for-11 in the playoffs.
Greg Nappo [New Orleans Zephyrs - AAA (Miami Marlins)]:
- Week: Nappo made one appearance, pitching 4 innings on Thursday, allowing two runs on one hit. He struck out five and walked one batter. He did not pitch over the last two days of the regular season and New Orleans did not qualify for the postseason.
- Season: In 26 appearances with one start, Nappo has pitched 68 innings. He has a WHIP of 1.50 to go along with 60 strikeouts and 33 walks. He has an ERA of 4.63 and a record of 5-6. He is 0-for-2 in save situations.
Scott Oberg [Colorado Rockies]:
- Week: Oberg was placed on the 15-day disabled list on August 23 retroactive to August 20 with right arm axillary artery thrombosis.
- Season: In two stints with Albuquerque and three with Colorado, he has pitched in 51 games, 24 for Colorado and 27 for Albuquerque. In AAA, he is 8-for-9 on save opportunities and has a BAA of .160 as well as a WHIP of 0.90, striking out 36 batters in 29.2 innings. In MLB, he has thrown 26 innings, striking out 20 and walking 11. He has a BAA of .257 and a WHIP of 1.42.
Tyler Olander [Gulf Coast Blue Jays- Rookie (Toronto Blue Jays)]:
- Week: On Tuesday, Olander made a start, pitching 2 innings. He did not allow a run and allowed one hit. He had one strikeout and allowed one walk. The Blue Jays did not qualify for the postseason.
- Season: He was assigned to Bluefield on June 24 and was assigned to GCL Blue Jays on July 26. He has made six appearances with five starts, throwing 10 1/3 innings. He has struck out six, walked six and allowed six hits. He has not allowed any runs.
Mike Olt [San Antonio Missions - AA (San Diego Padres)]:
- Week: On August 19, Olt announced via his Twitter account that he would have season-ending surgery.
- Season: In 52 games between AAA and AA, Olt hit .253/.369/.398. He had 25 RBI while scoring 25 runs, working 31 walks. He had five home runs on the season. He last played on June 10.
Patrick Ruotolo [Salem-Keizer Volcanoes - A-Short Season (San Francisco Giants)]:
- Week: Ruotolo made two appearances this week, each for 1 inning. He allowed one hit on Monday while striking out one and walking one. On Saturday, He allowed two runs, one of which was earned, on two hits. He walked two and struck out one. He did not pitch over the last two days of the regular season and the Volcanoes did not make the postseason.
- Season: Ruotolo made his professional debut on June 22 after signing his minor league contract with the San Francisco Giants on June 17. He has pitched 24 innings over 19 appearances between Rookie and A-Short Season, allowing 16 hits and six runs, three of which are earned runs. He has struck out 42, walked 14 and is 4-for-6 in save opportunities. He has an ERA of 1.13, a WHIP of 1.25 and a BAA of .184. He was promoted to A- Short Season on July 7. He has recorded a strikeout in all but one of his appearances.
Vinny Siena [St. Lucie Mets - A+ (New York Mets)]:
- Week: Siena played in three games, hitting 0-for-10. He struck out three times and walked once. Siena hit 2-for-5 over the final two days of the regular season, adding a run, an RBI and a strikeout. St. Lucie will play Bradenton in the first round of the Florida State League playoffs.
- Season: Siena played in 111 games between A and A+, hitting .268/.391/.349. He had 73 runs, four triples and 27 RBI to go along with 23 doubles and 69 walks. He is 10-for-11 on stolen base attempts. He was named a South Atlantic League All-Star starter.
George Springer [Houston Astros]:
- Week: Springer hit .091/.259/.182 this week, going 2-for-22. He worked five walks, scored three runs and added an RBI. He struck out 11 times and had a triple. He was also 1-for-1 in stolen base attempts.
- Season: In 125 games, Springer is hitting .254/.357/.454 with 25 home runs and 73 RBI. He has scored 99 runs, hitting 24 doubles to go along with four triples. He is 9-for-18 on stolen base attempts. He finished second in the AL All-Star final vote.
Jack Sundberg [Hagerstown Suns - A (Washington Nationals)]:
- Week: Sundberg hit 4-for-10 this week for a slash line of .400/.538/.500. He worked three walks, scored three runs and had two RBI. He was 1-for-1 on stolen base attempts and added a double. Sundberg hit 2-for-5 over the final days of the regular season with a double. He scored a run and had two RBI.
- Season: Sundberg made his professional debut on June 24 after signing a minor league contract with the Washington Nationals on June 20. He has slashed .256/.346/.340 in 45 games between the GCL Nationals, the Auburn Doubledays and the Hagerstown Suns. He is 12-for-15 on stolen base attempts. He was promoted to A- Short Season on July 5 and was promoted to A on August 9.
Sue Bird [Seattle Storm]:
- Week: In 2-2 week, averaged 15.5 points, 1.8 rebounds and 4.3 assists.
- Season: In 29 games, is averaging 13 points, 2.8 rebounds and 5.7 assists
Swin Cash [New York Liberty]:
- Week: In 1-1 week, averaged 3 points and 5 rebounds.
- Season: In 26 games, is averaging 5.2 points and 3.4 rebounds.
Tina Charles [New York Liberty]:
- Week: In two games, averaged 22.5 points, 13 rebounds and 2.5 assists.
- Season: In 28 games, is averaging 21.1 points, 9.9 rebounds and 3.8 assists.
Stefanie Dolson [Washington Mystics]:
- Week: In 1-2 week, averaged 7.4 points and 4 rebounds.
- Season: In 28 games, is averaging 8 points and 4.5 rebounds.
Kelly Faris [Connecticut Sun]:
- Week: In 2-2 week, scored 6 points and had 8 rebounds.
- Season: In 27 games, is averaging 1.9 points and 1.1 rebounds.
Bria Hartley [Washington Mystics]:
- Week: Out for season due to pregnancy.
- Season: Finishes 2016 season averaging 6.5 points, 2 rebounds and 2.3 assists.
Tiffany Hayes [Atlanta Dream]:
- Week: In 2-1 week, averaged 17 points and 4.3 rebounds.
- Season: In 28 games, is averaging 14.8 points, 3.4 rebounds and 2.4 assists.
Moriah Jefferson [San Antonio Stars]:
- Week: In 1-3 week, averaged 13.3 points, 1.5 rebounds and 4.8 assists
- Season: In 28 games, is averaging 12.5 points, 2.1 rebounds and 4.5 assists.
Renee Montgomery [Minnesota Lynx]:
- Week: In 3-0 week, averaged 4.7 points, 1 rebound and 1.7 assists.
- Season: In 29 games, is averaging 7.3 points and 2.8 assists.
Maya Moore [Minnesota Lynx]:
- Week: In 3 games, averaged 21.3 points, 5.3 rebounds and 2.3 assists.
- Season: In 29 games, is averaging 19.2 points, 5.2 rebounds and 4.1 assists.
Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis [Seattle Storm]:
- Week: In 2-2 week, averaged 5.3 points and 1.5 rebounds.
- Season: In 27 games, is averaging 4.9 points in 12 minutes of action per game.
Breanna Stewart [Seattle Storm]:
- Week: In 4 games, averaged 15.8 points, 9 rebounds, 4.5 assists and 1.8 blocks.
- Season: In 29 games, is averaging 18.2 points, 9.3 rebounds, 3.6 assists and 1.9 blocks.
Kiah Stokes [New York Liberty]:
- Week: Is out for rest of regular season with a hip injury.
- Season: In 27 games, is averaging 6.9 points, 7.4 rebounds and 1.4 blocks.
Diana Taurasi [Phoenix Mercury]:
- Week: In 2-2 week, averaged 15.8 points, 1.8 rebounds and 2.5 assists.
- Season: In 28 games, is averaging 18.2 points, 3 rebounds and 3.9 assists.
Morgan Tuck [Connecticut Sun]:
- Week: Had 5 points and 2 rebounds in loss to Atlanta where she suffered year-ending knee injury.
- Season: Finishes her first WNBA season averaging 7 points and 2.8 rebounds per game.
Carlos Alvarez [San Antonio FC - USL]:
- Week: Had an assist in 2-1 loss to Swope Park Rangers; Had a goal with four shots (two on goal) in 1-1 tie with Arizona United SC.
- Season: 26 games, 3 goals, 6 assists with 49 shots (24 on goal)
Andre Blake [Philadelphia Union - MLS]:
- Week: Did not play in Philadelphia’s 3-0 loss to Chicago Fire due to national team call up. Allowed two goals in Jamaica’s 2-0 loss to Panama.
- Season: Is 10-9-7 with six shutouts with a goals against average of 1.50 and a 66.9% save percentage.
Tony Cascio [Arizona United SC - USL]:
- Week: Had four shots (2 on goal) in 2-1 loss to LA Galaxy II; had one shot in 1-1 tie with San Antonio FC.
- Season: 19 games, has two assists with 15 shots (3 on goal)
George Fochive [Viborg FF - Danish Superliga]:
- Week: Started in 0-0 tie with FC Midtjylland
- Season: 3 games played, 2 starts
Julius James [Ft. Lauderdale Strikers - NASL]:
- Week: Did not play in 0-0 tie with Minnesota United FC; Came off the bench in 0-0 tie with New York Cosmos.
- Season: In 13 games played, has one shot.
Josh Ford [San Antonio FC - USL]:
- Week: Did not play in 2-1 loss to Swope Park Rangers; Did not play in 1-1 tie with Arizona United SC.
- Season: Is 5-5-7 with a 0.89 GAA and 77.9% save percentage
Cyle Larin [Orlando City SC - MLS]:
- Week: Started in 2-1 win over New York City FC; Played in Canada’s 2-1 loss to Honduras in World Cup qualifying.
- Season: In 25 games, has 13 goals and 3 assists on 62 shots (28 on goal).
Shawn Nicklaw [FC Edmonton - NASL]:
- Week: Picked up a yellow card in 0-0 tie with Puerto Rico FC; Had one shot with an assist in 2-2 tie with Ottawa Fury FC.
- Season: Was traded to FC Edmonton from Jacksonville on July 6. In six games with Jacksonville Armada had three shots. Has an assist and 2 shots in ten games with FC Edmonton.
Stephanie Labbe [Washington Spirit - NWSL]:
- Week: Did not play in 1-1 tie with Western New York Flash
- Season: In eight games for Washington, she is 5-2-1 with a 0.88 goals against average with a save percentage of 80%.
Brittany Taylor [FC Kansas City - NWSL]:
- Week: Had one shot in 2-1 win over Sky Blue FC
- Season: In 16 games, has taken 10 shots
Martin Bedard [Montreal Alouettes - CFL]:
- Week: Was the long snapper as usual.
- Season: 10 games, 1 tackle
Reuben Frank [Edmonton Eskimos - CFL]:
- Week: Did not play, on one game injured list
- Season: 7 games, 6 tackles, 1 QB sack, 1 blocked punt, 1 fumble recovery, 1 touchdown
Jesse Joseph [Montreal Alouettes - CFL]:
- Week: Did not have a tackle in 19-14 loss to Ottawa
- Season: 4 games, 1 tackle, 1 sack
Alex Mateas [Ottawa Redblacks - CFL]:
- Week: Made the start at right guard in 19-14 win over Montreal.
- Season: Has made 10 starts and has a tackle on a turnover.
Larry Taylor [Toronto Argonauts - CFL]:
- Week: Was released by Argonauts on August 27, 2016
- Season: 7 games for Toronto, 808 total return yards