Nick Ahmed [Arizona Diamondbacks]:
- Week: On August 20, it was announced Ahmed would have hip surgery, ending his season.
- Season: In 90 games, Ahmed had a slash line of .218/.265/.299. He had four home runs and 20 RBI, to go along with 26 runs scored.
John Andreoli [Iowa Cubs - AAA (Chicago Cubs)]:
- Week: Iowa did not qualify for the postseason.
- Season: Andreoli hit .256/.374/.396 in 140 games. He was 43-for-55 in stolen base attempts. He had 12 home runs, 61 RBI and 96 runs scored. He added 21 doubles and seven triples. He led the PCL in stolen bases.
Matt Barnes [Boston Red Sox]:
- Week: Barnes pitched 2 2/3 innings this week over three appearances, allowing one hit and striking out two, adding a walk.
- Season: In 63 2/3 innings pitched, Barnes has made 57 appearances, all in relief. He has a 4.10 ERA, a 1.35 WHIP and 68 strikeouts against 28 walks. He is 1-for-1 in save opportunities.
Carson Cross [State College Spikes - A- Short Season (St. Louis Cardinals)]:
- Week: State College won the New York-Penn League championship.
- Season: Cross pitched 80 2/3 innings in 14 starts in the regular season, with a 4-5 record. Batters hit .261 against him and he had a WHIP of 1.33, as well as an ERA of 3.24. He had 53 strikeouts against 27 walks and hit three batters. He pitched 5 innings in the postseason, allowing zero runs on four hits. He struck out four and walked two.
LJ Mazzilli [Binghamton Mets - AA (New York Mets)]:
- Week: Binghamton did not qualify for the playoffs.
- Season: In 122 games between AA and AAA, Mazzilli hit .239/.320/.348 with 17 doubles, six triples and 43 RBI. He hit five home runs and scored 52 runs. He was 8-for-12 stealing bases. He was promoted to AAA Las Vegas on August 5 and was demoted to AA Binghamton on August 20.
Max McDowell [Wisconsin Timber Rattlers - A (Milwaukee Brewers)]:
- Week: The Timber Rattlers did not make the postseason.
- Season: In 93 games, McDowell hit .269/.358/.345. He had 26 RBI and 21 doubles while scoring 48 runs. He is 20-for-23 on stolen base attempts. He was named a Midwest League All-Star starter.
Bobby Melley [Princeton Rays - Rookie (Tampa Bay Rays)]:
- Week: The Rays made the playoffs but lost in a first round best-of-three series.
- Season: Melley made his debut on June 23 after signing a minor league deal with the Tampa Bay Rays on June 21. In 48 games, he slashed .323/.404/.466, hitting four home runs and 15 doubles to go along with 32 RBI and 34 runs. Melley hit 3-for-11 in the postseason, scoring a run with two RBI.
Greg Nappo [New Orleans Zephyrs - AAA (Miami Marlins)]:
- Week: The Zephyrs did not make the postseason.
- Season: In 26 appearances with one start, Nappo has pitched 68 innings. He has a WHIP of 1.50 to go along with 60 strikeouts and 33 walks. He has an ERA of 4.63 and a record of 5-6. He is 0-for-2 in save situations.
Scott Oberg [Colorado Rockies]:
- Week: Oberg was placed on the 15-day disabled list on August 23 retroactive to August 20 with right arm axillary artery thrombosis. He was transferred to the 60-day disabled list on August 26.
- Season: In two stints with Albuquerque and three with Colorado, he pitched in 51 games, 24 for Colorado and 27 for Albuquerque. In AAA, he was 8-for-9 on save opportunities and had a BAA of .160 as well as a WHIP of 0.90, striking out 36 batters in 29.2 innings. In MLB, he threw 26 innings, striking out 20 and walking 11. He had a BAA of .257 and a WHIP of 1.42.
Tyler Olander [Gulf Coast Blue Jays- Rookie (Toronto Blue Jays)]:
- Week: The Gulf Coast Blue Jays did not make the postseason.
- Season: He was assigned to Bluefield on June 24 and was assigned to GCL Blue Jays on July 26. He made six appearances with five starts, throwing 10 1/3 innings. He struck out six, walked six and allowed six hits. He did not allow any runs and batters hit .171 against him.
Mike Olt [San Antonio Missions - AA (San Diego Padres)]:
- Week: On August 19, Olt announced via his Twitter account that he would have season-ending surgery. He last played June 10.
- Season: In 52 games between AAA and AA, Olt hit .253/.369/.398. He had 25 RBI while scoring 25 runs, working 31 walks. He had five home runs on the season.
Patrick Ruotolo [Salem-Keizer Volcanoes - A-Short Season (San Francisco Giants)]:
- Week: The Volcanoes did not make the playoffs.
- Season: Ruotolo made his professional debut on June 22 after signing his minor league contract with the San Francisco Giants on June 17. He has pitched 24 innings over 19 appearances between Rookie and A-Short Season, allowing 16 hits and six runs, three of which are earned runs. He has struck out 42, walked 14 and is 4-for-6 in save opportunities. He has an ERA of 1.13, a WHIP of 1.25 and a BAA of .184. He was promoted to A- Short Season on July 7. He has recorded a strikeout in all but one of his appearances.
Vinny Siena [St. Lucie Mets - A+ (New York Mets)]:
- Week: Binghamton lost in a first round best-of-three playoff series.
- Season: Siena played in 111 games between A and A+, hitting .268/.391/.349. He had 73 runs, four triples and 27 RBI to go along with 23 doubles and 69 walks. He is 10-for-11 on stolen base attempts. He was named a South Atlantic League All-Star starter. He was 1-for-4 in the playoffs.
George Springer [Houston Astros]:
- Week: Springer hit 2-for-24 this week, giving him a slash line of .083/.214/.208. He worked three walks and was also hit by a pitch. In addition, Springer hit a home run, scoring two runs while adding an RBI. He was also 0-for-1 on stolen base attempts and struck out nine times in six games.
- Season: In 148 games, Springer is hitting .251/.359/.449 with 27 home runs and 76 RBI. He has scored 109 runs, hitting 27 doubles to go along with four triples. He is 9-for-19 on stolen base attempts and has 163 strikeouts on the year. He finished second in the AL All-Star final vote.
Jack Sundberg [Hagerstown Suns - A (Washington Nationals)]:
- Week: The Suns did not qualify for the playoffs.
Season: Sundberg made his professional debut on June 24 after signing a minor league contract with the Washington Nationals on June 20. He has slashed .256/.346/.340 in 45 games between the GCL Nationals, the Auburn Doubledays and the Hagerstown Suns. He is 12-for-15 on stolen base attempts. He was promoted to A- Short Season on July 5 and was promoted to A on August 9.
Sue Bird [Seattle Storm]:
- Week: In 1-1 week, averaged 9 points, 4.5 rebounds and 4.5 assists.
- Season: Played in 34 games during regular season, averaging 12.8 points, 2.9 rebounds and 5.8 assists.
Swin Cash [New York Liberty]:
- Week: In 0-2 week, averaged 9 points, 4.5 rebounds and 3 assists.
- Season: Played in 30 games during regular season, averaging 5.3 points, 3.4 rebounds and 1.4 assists.
Tina Charles [New York Liberty]:
- Week: Averaged 25.1 points, 10.5 rebounds, 3 assists and 3 blocks in two games.
- Season: Played in 32 games during regular season, averaging 21.5 points, 9.9 rebounds and 3.8 assists.
Stefanie Dolson [Washington Mystics]:
- Week: In 1-2 week, averaged 18.7 points, 5 rebounds and 1.5 blocks.
- Season: Played in 33 games during regular season, averaging 9.1 points, 4.7 rebounds and 1.2 assists.
Kelly Faris [Connecticut Sun]:
- Week: In 3-0 week, scored six points with 4 rebounds and 2 assists.
- Season: Played in 30 games during regular season, averaging 2 points and 1.2 rebounds.
Bria Hartley [Washington Mystics]:
- Week: Out for rest of season due to pregnancy
- Season: Finishes 2016 season averaging 6.5 points, 2 rebounds and 2.3 assists.
Tiffany Hayes [Atlanta Dream]:
- Week: In 1-2 week, averaged 16.3 points, 4.3 rebounds and 3 assists.
- Season: Played in 33 games during regular season, averaging 15 points, 3.4 rebounds, 2.4 assists and 1.2 steals.
Moriah Jefferson [San Antonio Stars]:
- Week: In 1-2 week, averaged 17.7 points, 2.3 rebounds and 4.7 assists.
- Season: Played in 34 games during regular season, averaging 13.9 points, 2.1 rebounds and 4.2 assists.
Renee Montgomery [Minnesota Lynx]:
- Week: In 2-1 week, averaged 9.7 points, 2.3 rebounds and 3.3 assists.
- Season: Played in 34 games during regular season, averaging 7.5 points, 0.9 rebounds and 2.8 assists per game.
Maya Moore [Minnesota Lynx]:
- Week: Averaged 21 points, 2 rebounds, 4.7 assists and 1.7 steals
- Season: Played in 34 games during regular season, averaging 19.3 rebounds, 5.1 rebounds, 4.2 assists and 1.5 steals
Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis [Seattle Storm]:
- Week: Averaged 13.5 points, 1.5 rebounds and 1 assists in two games.
- Season: Played in 32 games during regular season, averaging 5.3 points, 0.8 rebounds and 0.8 assists.
Breanna Stewart [Seattle Storm]:
- Week: Averaged 16 points, 10 rebounds, 2 assists, 2 steals and 1 block in two games.
- Season: Played in 34 games during regular season, averaging 18.3 points, 9.3 rebounds, 3.4 assists, 1.3 steals and 1.9 blocks.
Kiah Stokes [New York Liberty]:
- Week: Out for rest of regular season with hip injury
- Season: In 27 games, is averaging 6.9 points, 7.4 rebounds and 1.4 blocks.
Diana Taurasi [Phoenix Mercury]:
- Week: In 2-1 week, averaged 13.3 points, 2.3 rebounds and 4.7 assists.
- Season: Played in 33 games during regular season, averaging 17.8 points, 3 rebounds and 3.9 assists.
Morgan Tuck [Connecticut Sun]:
- Week: Out for season with knee injury.
- Season: Finishes her first WNBA season averaging 7 points and 2.8 rebounds per game.
Carlos Alvarez [San Antonio FC - USL]:
- Week: Had three shots in 2-0 loss to Real Monarchs SLC; Had one shot on goal with an assist in 2-0 win over Tulsa Roughnecks.
- Season: 29 games, 4 goals, 7 assists with 57 shots (27 on goal)
Andre Blake [Philadelphia Union - MLS]:
- Week: Allowed two goals and made four saves in 2-1 loss to Portland Timbers.
- Season: Is 10-10-8 with six shutouts with a goals against average of 1.50 and a 67.4% save percentage.
Tony Cascio [Arizona United SC - USL]:
- Week: Had three shots (two on goal) with an assist in 3-2 win over Real Monarchs SLC.
- Season: 20 games, has three assists with 18 shots (5 on goal)
George Fochive [Viborg FF - Danish Superliga]:
- Week: Picked up a yellow card in 2-1 win over Brøndby.
- Season: 5 games played, 3 starts
Julius James [Ft. Lauderdale Strikers - NASL]:
- Week: In action Sunday night
- Season: In 14 games played, has one shot.
Josh Ford [San Antonio FC - USL]:
- Week: Did not play vs Real Monarchs SLC; DNP vs Tulsa Roughnecks
- Season: Is 5-5-7 with a 0.89 GAA and 77.9% save percentage
Cyle Larin [Orlando City SC - MLS]:
- Week: Scored a goal on his only shot in a 4-1 loss to Columbus Crew.
- Season: In 27 games, has 14 goals and 3 assists on 64 shots (29 on goal).
Shawn Nicklaw [FC Edmonton - NASL]:
- Week: Started in 0-0 tie with Rayo OKC and in 0-0 tie with New York Cosmos.
- Season: Was traded to FC Edmonton from Jacksonville on July 6. In six games with Jacksonville Armada had three shots. Has an assist and 2 shots in 13 games with FC Edmonton.
Stephanie Labbe [Washington Spirit - NWSL]:
- Week: No game scheduled due to international friendlies
- Season: In eight games for Washington, she is 5-2-1 with a 0.88 goals against average with a save percentage of 80%.
Brittany Taylor [FC Kansas City - NWSL]:
- Week: No game scheduled due to international friendlies
- Season: In 18 games, had taken 12 shots
Will Beatty [New York Giants - NFL]
- Week: Not active in 16-13 win over New Orleans Saints.
- Season: 0 games played
Tyvon Branch [Arizona Cardinals - NFL]
- Week: Had 10 tackles, one pass deflection one QB hit in 40-7 win over Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
- Season: 2 games, 17 tackles, 1 pass deflection, 1 QB hit
Darius Butler [Indianapolis Colts - NFL]
- Week: Had 1 tackle, 1 pass deflection, 1 interception before leaving with a hamstring injury in 34-20 loss to Denver Broncos.
- Season: 0 games played
Dwayne Gratz [Jacksonville Jaguars - NFL]
- Week: Had 2 tackles in 38-14 loss to San Diego Chargers.
- Season: 2 games, 2 tackles
Ryan Griffin [Houston Texans - NFL]
- Week: Had 1 reception for 5 yards in 19-12 win over Chiefs.
- Season: 2 games, 3 receptions, 22 yards
Byron Jones [Dallas Cowboys - NFL]
- Week: Had four tackles in 27-23 win over Redskins.
- Season: 2 games, 5 tackles, 1 pass break-up
Robert McClain [Carolina Panthers - NFL]
- Week: Had one tackle in 46-27 win over San Francisco 49ers.
- Season: 2 games, 5 tackles
Sio Moore [Indianapolis Colts - NFL]
- Week: Had five tackles in loss to Broncos.
- Season: 2 games, 18 tackles
Dan Orlovsky [Detroit Lions - NFL]
- Week: Did a great job of holding the clipboard
- Season: 0 games played, 1 clipboard held
Kendall Reyes [Washington Redskins - NFL]
- Week: Not active in Redskins 27-23 loss to Cowboys.
- Season: 1 game, 2 tackles
Anthony Sherman [Kansas City Chiefs - NFL]
- Week: Had zero touches in 19-12 loss to Houston Texans.
- Season: 2 games played
Shamar Stephen [Minnesota Vikings - NFL]
- Week: Had 3 tackles and a fumble recovery in 17-14 win over Green Bay Packers.
- Season: 2 games played, 3 tackles, 1 fumble recovery
Jordan Todman [Indianapolis Colts - NFL]
- Week: Was dressed but did not play in loss to Broncos.
Season: 1 game played
Martin Bedard [Montreal Alouettes - CFL]:
- Week: Was the long snapper as usual.
- Season: 11 games, 1 tackle
Reuben Frank [Edmonton Eskimos - CFL]:
- Week: Did not play, on six game injured list
- Season: 7 games, 6 tackles, 1 QB sack, 1 blocked punt, 1 fumble recovery, 1 touchdown
Jesse Joseph [Montreal Alouettes - CFL]:
- Week: Did not record any stats in 20-17 loss to Hamilton.
- Season: 6 games, 1 tackle, 1 sack
Alex Mateas [Ottawa Redblacks - CFL]:
- Week: Played right guard as usual
- Season: Has made 10 starts and has a tackle on a turnover.
Larry Taylor [Toronto Argonauts - CFL]:
- Week: Was released by Argonauts on August 27, 2016
- Season: 7 games for Toronto, 808 total return yards