Nick Ahmed [Arizona Diamondbacks]:
- Week: On August 20, it was announced Ahmed would have hip surgery, ending his season.
- Season: In 90 games, Ahmed had a slash line of .218/.265/.299. He had four home runs and 20 RBI, to go along with 26 runs scored.
John Andreoli [Iowa Cubs - AAA (Chicago Cubs)]:
- Week: Iowa did not qualify for the postseason.
- Season: Andreoli hit .256/.374/.396 in 140 games. He was 43-for-55 in stolen base attempts. He had 12 home runs, 61 RBI and 96 runs scored. He added 21 doubles and seven triples. He led the PCL in stolen bases.
Matt Barnes [Boston Red Sox]:
- Week: Barnes made two appearances this week, striking out two batters while also allowing two hits in 1 1/3 shut out innings.
- Season: In 61 innings pitched, Barnes has made 54 appearances, all in relief. He has a 4.28 ERA, a 1.38 WHIP and 66 strikeouts against 27 walks. He is 1-for-1 in save opportunities.
Carson Cross [State College Spikes - A- Short Season (St. Louis Cardinals)]:
- Week: The Spikes played Staten Island in a first round playoff series. Cross pitched in the deciding Game 3 and pitched 5 shut out innings. He allowed four hits, walked two and struck out four. The Spikes won and also defeated the Hudson Valley Renegades in two games to win the New York-Penn League. Cross did not pitch in the championship series.
- Season: Cross pitched 80 2/3 innings in 14 starts in the regular season, with a 4-5 record. Batters hit .261 against him and he had a WHIP of 1.33, as well as an ERA of 3.24. He had 53 strikeouts against 27 walks and hit three batters. He pitched 5 innings in the postseason, allowing zero runs on four hits. He struck out four and walked two.
LJ Mazzilli [Binghamton Mets - AA (New York Mets)]:
- Week: Binghamton did not qualify for the playoffs.
- Season: In 122 games between AA and AAA, Mazzilli hit .239/.320/.348 with 17 doubles, six triples and 43 RBI. He hit five home runs and scored 52 runs. He was 8-for-12 stealing bases. He was promoted to AAA Las Vegas on August 5 and was demoted to AA Binghamton on August 20.
Max McDowell [Wisconsin Timber Rattlers - A (Milwaukee Brewers)]:
- Week: The Timber Rattlers did not make the postseason.
- Season: In 93 games, McDowell hit .269/.358/.345. He has 26 RBI and 21 doubles while scoring 48 runs. He is 20-for-23 on stolen base attempts. He was named a Midwest League All-Star starter.
Bobby Melley [Princeton Rays - Rookie (Tampa Bay Rays)]:
- Week: The Rays made the playoffs but lost in a first round best-of-three series. He hit 3-for-11 with two doubles. He scored a run, had two RBI and was hit by a pitch. He also had a sacrifice fly.
- Season: Melley made his debut on June 23 after signing a minor league deal with the Tampa Bay Rays on June 21. In 48 games, he has slashed .323/.404/.466, hitting four home runs and 15 doubles to go along with 32 RBI and 34 runs.
Greg Nappo [New Orleans Zephyrs - AAA (Miami Marlins)]:
- Week: The Zephyrs did not make the postseason.
- Season: In 26 appearances with one start, Nappo has pitched 68 innings. He has a WHIP of 1.50 to go along with 60 strikeouts and 33 walks. He has an ERA of 4.63 and a record of 5-6. He is 0-for-2 in save situations.
Scott Oberg [Colorado Rockies]:
- Week: Oberg was placed on the 15-day disabled list on August 23 retroactive to August 20 with right arm axillary artery thrombosis. He was transferred to the 60-day disabled list on August 26.
- Season: In two stints with Albuquerque and three with Colorado, he pitched in 51 games, 24 for Colorado and 27 for Albuquerque. In AAA, he was 8-for-9 on save opportunities and had a BAA of .160 as well as a WHIP of 0.90, striking out 36 batters in 29.2 innings. In MLB, he threw 26 innings, striking out 20 and walking 11. He had a BAA of .257 and a WHIP of 1.42.
Tyler Olander [Gulf Coast Blue Jays- Rookie (Toronto Blue Jays)]:
- Week: The Gulf Coast League’s season ended on August 30.
- Season: He was assigned to Bluefield on June 24 and was assigned to GCL Blue Jays on July 26. He made six appearances with five starts, throwing 10 1/3 innings. He has struck out six, walked six and allowed six hits. He has not allowed any runs and batters hit .171 against him.
Mike Olt [San Antonio Missions - AA (San Diego Padres)]:
- Week: On August 19, Olt announced via his Twitter account that he would have season-ending surgery. He last played June 10.
- Season: In 52 games between AAA and AA, Olt hit .253/.369/.398. He had 25 RBI while scoring 25 runs, working 31 walks. He had five home runs on the season.
Patrick Ruotolo [Salem-Keizer Volcanoes - A-Short Season (San Francisco Giants)]:
- Week: The Volcanoes did not make the playoffs.
- Season: Ruotolo made his professional debut on June 22 after signing his minor league contract with the San Francisco Giants on June 17. He has pitched 24 innings over 19 appearances between Rookie and A-Short Season, allowing 16 hits and six runs, three of which are earned runs. He has struck out 42, walked 14 and is 4-for-6 in save opportunities. He has an ERA of 1.13, a WHIP of 1.25 and a BAA of .184. He was promoted to A- Short Season on July 7. He has recorded a strikeout in all but one of his appearances.
Vinny Siena [St. Lucie Mets - A+ (New York Mets)]:
- Week: Siena hit 1-for-4 in the playoffs, scoring a run. He also had two strikeouts. The Mets lost in a first round best-of-three series.
- Season: Siena played in 111 games between A and A+, hitting .268/.391/.349. He had 73 runs, four triples and 27 RBI to go along with 23 doubles and 69 walks. He is 10-for-11 on stolen base attempts. He was named a South Atlantic League All-Star starter.
George Springer [Houston Astros]:
- Week: Springer hit 9-for-27 this week for a slash line of .310/.459/.517, walking six time. He scored eight runs and had two RBI to go along with a home run and three doubles.
- Season: In 142 games, Springer is hitting .258/.362/.459 with 26 home runs and 75 RBI. He has scored 107 runs, hitting 27 doubles to go along with four triples. He is 9-for-18 on stolen base attempts. He finished second in the AL All-Star final vote.
Jack Sundberg [Hagerstown Suns - A (Washington Nationals)]:
- Week: The Suns did not qualify for the playoffs.
- Season: Sundberg made his professional debut on June 24 after signing a minor league contract with the Washington Nationals on June 20. He has slashed .256/.346/.340 in 45 games between the GCL Nationals, the Auburn Doubledays and the Hagerstown Suns. He is 12-for-15 on stolen base attempts. He was promoted to A- Short Season on July 5 and was promoted to A on August 9.
Sue Bird [Seattle Storm]:
- Week: In 3-0 week in which Storm clinched a playoff spot, averaged 13.7 points, 3.3 rebounds and 8 assists.
- Season: In 32 games, is averaging 13 points, 2.8 rebounds and 5.9 assists per game.
Swin Cash [New York Liberty]:
- Week: In 1-2 week, averaged 3.3 points, 2.3 rebounds and 1 assist.
- Season: In 29 games, is averaging 5 points, 3.3 rebounds and 1.3 assists.
Tina Charles [New York Liberty]:
- Week: In 3 games, averaged 24.7 points, 9.7 rebounds and 4 assists.
- Season: In 31 games, is averaging 21.5 points, 9.9 rebounds and 3.8 assists.
Stefanie Dolson [Washington Mystics]:
- Week: In 1-2 week, averaged 12 points, 5 rebounds and 2 assists.
- Season: In 31 games, is averaging 8.4 points, 4.6 rebounds and 1.1 assists.
Kelly Faris [Connecticut Sun]:
- Week: Had 4 points, 3 rebounds and 2 assists in her only game of week.
- Season: In 28 games, is averaging 2 points and 1.2 rebounds.
Bria Hartley [Washington Mystics]:
- Week: Out for rest of season due to pregnancy
- Season: Finishes 2016 season averaging 6.5 points, 2 rebounds and 2.3 assists.
Tiffany Hayes [Atlanta Dream]:
- Week: In 2-1 week, averaged 15.3 points, 2 rebounds and 1 assist.
- Season: In 31 games, is averaging 14.8 points, 3.3 rebounds and 2.3 assists.
Moriah Jefferson [San Antonio Stars]:
- Week: In 0-3 week, averaged 23.3 points, 2.7 rebounds and 4.7 assists.
- Season: In 31 games, is averaging 13.5 points, 2.2 rebounds and 4.1 assists
Renee Montgomery [Minnesota Lynx]:
- Week: In 2-0 week, averaged 6 points and 1.5 assists.
- Season: In 31 games, is averaging 7.3 points and 2.7 assists.
Maya Moore [Minnesota Lynx]:
- Week: In 2 games, averaged 18.5 points, 8.5 rebounds and 4.5 assists.
- Season: In 31 games, is averaging 19.1 points, 5.5 rebounds and 4.1 assists.
Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis [Seattle Storm]:
- Week: Scored 8 points in 3 games with 5 assists.
- Season: In 30 games, is averaging 4.7 points in 11.9 minutes per game.
Breanna Stewart [Seattle Storm]:
- Week: In 3 games, averaged 20 points, 9 rebounds, 2 assists and 1.7 blocks.
- Season: In 32 games, is averaging 18.4 points, 9.3 rebounds, 3.4 assists and 1.9 blocks.
Kiah Stokes [New York Liberty]:
- Week: Out for rest of regular season with hip injury
- Season: In 27 games, is averaging 6.9 points, 7.4 rebounds and 1.4 blocks.
Diana Taurasi [Phoenix Mercury]:
- Week: In 1-1 week, averaged 20 points, 3.5 rebounds and 2.5 assists.
- Season: In 30 games, is averaging 18.5 points, 3 rebounds and 3.8 assists.
Morgan Tuck [Connecticut Sun]:
- Week: Out for season with knee injury.
- Season: Finishes her first WNBA season averaging 7 points and 2.8 rebounds per game.
Carlos Alvarez [San Antonio FC - USL]:
- Week: Had four shots (two on goal) and scored a goal in 3-1 loss to St. Louis FC.
- Season: 27 games, 4 goals, 6 assists with 53 shots (26 on goal)
Andre Blake [Philadelphia Union - MLS]:
- Week: Made four saves and allowed one goal in 1-1 tie with Montreal Impact
- Season: Is 10-9-8 with six shutouts with a goals against average of 1.48 and a 67.5% save percentage.
Tony Cascio [Arizona United SC - USL]:
- Week: No game scheduled
- Season: 19 games, has two assists with 15 shots (3 on goal)
George Fochive [Viborg FF - Danish Superliga]:
- Week: Picked up a yellow card in 4-2 loss to Horsens
- Season: 4 games played, 3 starts
Julius James [Ft. Lauderdale Strikers - NASL]:
- Week: No shots in 2-1 win over Indy Eleven
- Season: In 14 games played, has one shot.
Josh Ford [San Antonio FC - USL]:
- Week: Did not play in 3-1 loss to St. Louis FC
- Season: Is 5-5-7 with a 0.89 GAA and 77.9% save percentage
Cyle Larin [Orlando City SC - MLS]:
- Week: Scored a goal for Canada in 3-1 win over El Salvador in World Cup Qualifying; had one shot in 4-2 loss to LA Galaxy
- Season: In 26 games, has 13 goals and 3 assists on 63 shots (28 on goal).
Shawn Nicklaw [FC Edmonton - NASL]:
- Week: No shots in 2-0 loss to Miami FC
- Season: Was traded to FC Edmonton from Jacksonville on July 6. In six games with Jacksonville Armada had three shots. Has an assist and 2 shots in 11 games with FC Edmonton.
Stephanie Labbe [Washington Spirit - NWSL]:
- Week: Did not play in 2-1 win over Seattle Reign; did not play in 2-0 loss to Seattle
- Season: In eight games for Washington, she is 5-2-1 with a 0.88 goals against average with a save percentage of 80%.
Brittany Taylor [FC Kansas City - NWSL]:
- Week: 1 shot on goal in 3-2 win over Chicago Red Stars; 1 shot on goal in 0-0 tie with Chicago
- Season: In 18 games, had taken 12 shots
Will Beatty [New York Giants - NFL]
- Week: Inactive in Week 1
- Season: 0 games played
Tyvon Branch [Arizona Cardinals - NFL]
- Week: 7 tackles in 23-21 loss to New England Patriots.
- Season: 1 game, 7 tackles
Darius Butler [Indianapolis Colts - NFL]
- Week: Inactive in Week 1.
- Season: 0 games played
Dwayne Gratz [Jacksonville Jaguars - NFL]
- Week: 1 tackle in 27-23 loss to Green Bay Packers.
- Season: 1 game, 1 tackle
Ryan Griffin [Houston Texans - NFL]
- Week: 2 catches for 17 yards in 23-14 win over Chicago Bears
- Season: 1 game, 2 receptions, 17 yards
Byron Jones [Dallas Cowboys - NFL]
- Week: Had 1 tackle, 1 pass break-up in 20-19 loss to New York Giants
- Season: 1 game, 1 tackle, 1 pass break-up
Robert McClain [Carolina Panthers - NFL]
- Week: 4 tackles in 21-20 loss to Denver Broncos
- Season: 1 game, 4 tackles
Sio Moore [Indianapolis Colts - NFL]
- Week: 13 tackles in 39-35 loss to Detroit Lions
- Season: 1 game, 13 tackles
Dan Orlovsky [Detroit Lions - NFL]
- Week: Did a great job of holding the clipboard
- Season: 0 games played, 1 clipboard held
Kendall Reyes [Washington Redskins - NFL]
- Week: Two tackles in 38-16 loss to Pittsburgh.
- Season: 1 game, 2 tackles
Anthony Sherman [Kansas City Chiefs - NFL]
- Week: No carries or receptions in 33-27 win over San Diego
- Season: 1 game played
Shamar Stephen [Minnesota Vikings - NFL]
- Week: Started at DT but didn’t record a tackle
- Season: 1 game played
Jordan Todman [Indianapolis Colts - NFL]
- Week: Saw action but had no carries or receptions.
- Season: 1 game played
Martin Bedard [Montreal Alouettes - CFL]:
- Week: Was the long snapper as usual.
- Season: 11 games, 1 tackle
Reuben Frank [Edmonton Eskimos - CFL]:
- Week: Did not play, on six game injured list
- Season: 7 games, 6 tackles, 1 QB sack, 1 blocked punt, 1 fumble recovery, 1 touchdown
Jesse Joseph [Montreal Alouettes - CFL]:
- Week: Did not have a tackle in 38-27 loss to BC Lions
- Season: 5 games, 1 tackle, 1 sack
Alex Mateas [Ottawa Redblacks - CFL]:
- Week: Bye week
- Season: Has made 10 starts and has a tackle on a turnover.
Larry Taylor [Toronto Argonauts - CFL]:
- Week: Was released by Argonauts on August 27, 2016
- Season: 7 games for Toronto, 808 total return yards