Nick Ahmed [Arizona Diamondbacks]:
- Week: On August 20, it was announced Ahmed would have hip surgery, ending his season.
- Season: In 90 games, Ahmed had a slash line of .218/.265/.299. He had four home runs and 20 RBI, to go along with 26 runs scored.
John Andreoli [Iowa Cubs - AAA (Chicago Cubs)]:
- Week: Andreoli hit .105/.292/.158 this week. He batted 2-for-19 and was 1-for-2 with stolen base opportunities. He walked five times, had two RBI and scored two runs.
- Season: Andreoli has hit .253/.368/.397 in 131 games. He is 34-for-46 in stolen base attempts. He has 12 home runs, 58 RBI and 89 runs scored. He's added 18 doubles and seven triples. He is second in the PCL in stolen bases.
Matt Barnes [Boston Red Sox]:
- Week: Barnes made two appearances, pitching 2 innings. In 1 inning on Thursday he was perfect, registering a strikeout. On Monday, he allowed two runs on three hits, adding two strikeouts.
- Season: In 58 2/3 innings pitched, Barnes has made 49 appearances, all in relief. He has a 3.68 ERA, a 1.31 WHIP and 62 strikeouts against 26 walks. He is 1-for-1 in save opportunities.
Carson Cross [State College Spikes - A- Short Season (St. Louis Cardinals)]:
- Week: Cross allowed four runs on seven hits on Monday, throwing 5 innings. He struck out four and walked three.
- Season: Cross has pitched 63 2/3 innings in 10 starts, with a 4-5 record. Batters have hit .267 against him and he has a WHIP of 1.32, as well as an ERA of 3.25. He has 39 strikeouts against 19 walks and has hit three batters.
LJ Mazzilli [Binghamton Mets - AA (New York Mets)]:
- Week: Mazzilli hit 2-for-13 this week, adding a slash line of .154/.267/.154. He did not score any runs or have any RBI and walked twice on the week.
- Season: In 114 games between AA and AAA, Mazzilli has hit .239/.321/.347 with 17 doubles, five triples and 43 RBI. He has hit five home runs and has scored 49 runs. He is 7-for-10 stealing bases. He was promoted to AAA Las Vegas on August 5 and was demoted to AA Binghamton on August 20.
Max McDowell [Wisconsin Timber Rattlers - A (Milwaukee Brewers)]:
- Week: McDowell hit 1-for-11 this week, but was still able to register a slash line of .091/.286/.091. He was hit by two pitches and worked a walk. He scored three runs and had an RBI as well.
- Season: In 93 games, McDowell has hit .267/.356/.343. He has 24 RBI and 20 doubles while scoring 46 runs. He is 17-for-20 on stolen base attempts. He was named a Midwest League All-Star starter.
Bobby Melley [Princeton Rays - Rookie (Tampa Bay Rays)]:
- Week: Melley hit 5-for-21 while getting hit by a pitch. He had a slash line of .238/.261/.238 and had a sacrifice fly. He went 3-for-5 on Friday, adding two RBI to bring his total to three this week.
- Season: Melley made his debut on June 23 after signing a minor league deal with the Tampa Bay Rays on June 21. In 48 games, he has slashed .314/.397/.469, hitting four home runs and 13 doubles to go along with 28 RBI and 31 runs.
Greg Nappo [New Orleans Zephyrs - AAA (Miami Marlins)]:
- Week: Nappo made two appearances this week, throwing 5 2/3 innings. He allowed three runs on eight hits, struck out eight and walked two.
- Season: In 25 appearances with one start, Nappo has pitched 64 innings. He has a WHIP of 1.56 to go along with 55 strikeouts and 32 walks. He has an ERA of 4.64. He is 0-for-2 in save situations.
Scott Oberg [Colorado Rockies]:
- Week: Oberg was placed on the 15-day disabled list on August 23 retroactive to August 20 with right arm axillary artery thrombosis.
- Season: In two stints with Albuquerque and three with Colorado, he has pitched in 51 games, 24 for Colorado and 27 for Albuquerque. In AAA, he is 8-for-9 on save opportunities and has a BAA of .160 as well as a WHIP of 0.90, striking out 36 batters in 29.2 innings. In MLB, he has thrown 26 innings, striking out 20 and walking 11. He has a BAA of .257 and a WHIP of 1.42.
Tyler Olander [Gulf Coast Blue Jays- Rookie (Toronto Blue Jays)]:
- Week: Olander made another start on Thursday, pitching 2 shut out innings. He struck out one and allowed one hit.
- Season: He was assigned to Bluefield on June 24 and was assigned to GCL Blue Jays on July 26. He has made five appearances with four starts, throwing 8 1/3 innings. He has struck out five, walked five and allowed five hits. He has not allowed any runs.
Mike Olt [San Antonio Missions - AA (San Diego Padres)]:
- Week: On August 19, Olt announced via his Twitter account that he would have season-ending surgery.
- Season: In 52 games between AAA and AA, Olt hit .253/.369/.398. He had 25 RBI while scoring 25 runs, working 31 walks. He had five home runs on the season.
Patrick Ruotolo [Salem-Keizer Volcanoes - A-Short Season (San Francisco Giants)]:
- Week: Ruotolo made two appearances, pitching 1 inning in each. He struck out two in each appearance and walked one batter total.
- Season: Ruotolo made his professional debut on June 22 after signing his minor league contract with the San Francisco Giants on June 17. He has pitched 22 innings over 17 appearances between Rookie and A-Short Season, allowing 13 hits and four runs, two of which are unearned runs. He has struck out 36, walked 10 and is 4-for-5 in save opportunities. He has an ERA of 0.82, a WHIP of 1.09 and a BAA of .163. He was promoted to A- Short Season on July 7.
Vinny Siena [St. Lucie Mets - A+ (New York Mets)]:
- Week: Siena hit 1-for-5 in two games this week, adding two walks and three strikeouts. He also scored a run.
- Season: Siena has played in 107 games between A and A+, hitting .274/.398/.358. He has 72 runs, four triples and 26 RBI to go along with 23 doubles and 68 walks. He is 10-for-11 on stolen base attempts. He was named a South Atlantic League All-Star starter.
George Springer [Houston Astros]:
- Week: Springer hit 4-for-24 this week with a slash line of .167/.259/.167. He added three runs and was 1-for-1 on stolen base opportunities.
- Season: In 129 games, Springer is hitting .261/.361/.466 with 25 home runs and 72 RBI. He has scored 96 runs, hitting 24 doubles to go along with three triples. He finished second in the AL All-Star final vote.
Jack Sundberg [Hagerstown Suns - A (Washington Nationals)]:
- Week: Sundberg had a slash line of .000/.167/.000 this week, hitting 0-for-10. He was 1-for-2 in stolen base opportunities and worked two walks. He scored a run as a pinch runner on Saturday.
- Season: Sundberg made his professional debut on June 24 after signing a minor league contract with the Washington Nationals on June 20. He has slashed .241/.329/.319 in 40 games between the GCL Nationals, the Auburn Doubledays and the Hagerstown Suns. He is 11-for-14 on stolen base attempts. He was promoted to A- Short Season on July 5 and was promoted to A on August 9.
Sue Bird [Seattle Storm]:
- Week: Had 15 points, 2 rebounds and six assists in win over LA Sparks.
- Season: In 25 games, is averaging 12.6 points, 3.0 rebounds and six assists.
Swin Cash [New York Liberty]:
- Week: Had 10 points, 3 rebounds and 2 assists in win over San Antonio.
- Season: In 24 games, is averaging 5.4 points, 3.3 rebounds and 1.3 assists.
Tina Charles [New York Liberty]:
- Week: Had 13 points, 10 rebounds, 4 assists and 3 blocks in only game.
- Season: In 26 games, is averaging 21 points, 9.7 rebounds and 3.7 assists.
Stefanie Dolson [Washington Mystics]:
- Week: Had 11 points, 2 rebounds and 2 assists in win over Indiana Fever.
- Season: In 25 games, is averaging 8.1 points, 4.6 rebounds and 1.1 assists.
Kelly Faris [Connecticut Sun]:
- Week: Played just three minutes in win over Minnesota.
- Season: In 23 games, is averaging 2.0 points and 1 rebound a game.
Bria Hartley [Washington Mystics]:
- Week: Did not play. Will miss rest of season due to pregnancy.
- Season: In 24 games, is averaging 6.5 rebounds, 2 rebounds and 2.3 assists.
Tiffany Hayes [Atlanta Dream]:
- Week: Had 13 points, 1 rebound and 1 assist in loss to Chicago Sky.
- Season: In 25 games, is averaging 14.5 points, 3.2 rebounds and 2.6 assists.
Moriah Jefferson [San Antonio Stars]:
- Week: Had 16 points, 4 rebounds, 4 assists and 3 steals in loss to New York Liberty.
- Season: In 24 games, is averaging 12.3 points, 2.3 rebounds and 4 assists.
Renee Montgomery [Minnesota Lynx]:
- Week: Had 4 points, 2 rebounds and 2 assists in loss to CT Sun.
- Season: In 26 games, is averaging 7.7 points and 2.9 assists per game.
Maya Moore [Minnesota Lynx]:
- Week: Had 8 points, 5 rebounds and 3 assists in only game.
- Season: In 26 games, is averaging 18.9 points, 5.2 rebounds and 4.3 assists.
Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis [Seattle Storm]:
- Week: Had 8 points in win over LA Sparks.
- Season: In 23 games, is averaging 4.8 points in 12 minutes of action per game.
Breanna Stewart [Seattle Storm]:
- Week: Had 5 points, 11 rebounds and 2 assists in only game. Celebrated her 22nd birthday on Saturday.
- Season: In 25 games, is averaging 18.6 points, 9.4 rebounds, 3.4 assists and 2 blocks per game.
Kiah Stokes [New York Liberty]:
- Week: Had 3 points and 3 rebounds in only game.
- Season: In 27 games, is averaging 6.9 points, 7.4 rebounds and 1.4 blocks.
Diana Taurasi [Phoenix Mercury]:
- Week: Had 13 points and 1 rebound in win over Dallas Wings.
- Season: In 24 games, is averaging 18.6 points, 3.2 rebounds and 4.1 assists.
Morgan Tuck [Connecticut Sun]:
- Week: Had 6 points and 2 rebounds in only game of the week.
- Season: In 25 games, is averaging 7.1 points, 2.9 rebounds and 1.2 assists.
Carlos Alvarez [San Antonio FC - USL]:
- Week: Had two shots on goal and an assist in 2-0 win over St. Louis FC.
- Season: In 24 games, has two goals and five assists on 45 shots (22 on goal).
Andre Blake [Philadelphia Union - MLS]:
- Week: Allowed one goal and made three saves in 2-1 win over Columbus Crew; Made two saves in 2-0 win over Sporting Kansas City.
- Season: Is 10-9-7 with six shutouts with a goals against average of 1.50 and a 66.9% save percentage.
Tony Cascio [Arizona United SC - USL]:
- Week: Came off the bench in 1-0 loss to Real Monarchs SLC
- Season: In 17 games, has two assists with nine shots (one on goal).
George Fochive [Viborg FF - Danish Superliga]:
- Week: In action later today.
- Season: 2 games played, one start
Julius James [Ft. Lauderdale Strikers - NASL]:
- Week: No game scheduled.
- Season: In 12 games played, has one shot.
Josh Ford [San Antonio FC - USL]:
- Week: Did not play.
- Season: Is 5-5-7 with a 0.89 GAA and 77.9% save percentage
Cyle Larin [Orlando City SC - MLS]:
- Week: Had four shots (two on goal) along with a goal in 2-1 loss to Toronto FC.
- Season: In 24 games, has 13 goals and 3 assists on 62 shots (28 on goal).
Shawn Nicklaw [FC Edmonton - NASL]:
- Week: In action tonight vs Puerto Rico FC.
- Season: Was traded to FC Edmonton from Jacksonville on July 6. In six games with Jacksonville Armada had three shots. Has one shot in eight games with FC Edmonton.
Stephanie Labbe [Washington Spirit - NWSL]:
- Week: Did not play in 2-1 win over Orlando Pride
- Season: In eight games for Washington, she is 5-2-1 with a 0.88 goals against average with a save percentage of 80%.
Brittany Taylor [FC Kansas City - NWSL]:
- Week: In action tonight
- Season: In 15 games, has taken 9 shots
Martin Bedard [Montreal Alouettes - CFL]:
- Week: started at long snapper.
- Season: 9 games, 1 tackle
Reuben Frank [Edmonton Eskimos - CFL]:
- Week: Did not play, on one game injured list
- Season: 7 games, 6 tackles, 1 QB sack, 1 blocked punt, 1 fumble recovery, 1 touchdown
Jesse Joseph [Montreal Alouettes - CFL]:
- Week: Did not have a tackle in 32-18 loss to Winnipeg Blue Bombers.
- Season: 3 games, 1 tackle, 1 sack
Alex Mateas [Ottawa Redblacks - CFL]:
- Week: Started at right guard in 29-23 loss to BC Lions.
- Season: Has made nine starts and has a tackle on a turnover.
Larry Taylor [Toronto Argonauts - CFL]:
- Week: Bye week.
- Season: 7 games, 808 total return yards