Nick Ahmed [Arizona Diamondbacks]:
- Week: Ahmed is eligible to be activated from the 15-day disabled list on August 7. He has a right hip impingement.
- Season: In 90 games, Ahmed has a slash line of .218/.265/.299. He has four home runs and 20 RBI, to go along with 26 runs scored.
John Andreoli [Iowa Cubs - AAA (Chicago Cubs)]:
- Week: Andreoli is in the midst of a nine-game hitting streak and slashed .258/.273/.355 in an 8-31 week. Andreoli has three RBI and three doubles this week to go along with a sacrifice fly. While his streak has three multi-hit games, two of them were in the first two games in the streak and he has only hit 13-39 with only three extra base hits, all doubles.
- Season: Andreoli has hit .249/.357/.410 in 105 games. He is 24-32 in stolen base attempts. He has 11 home runs, 49 RBI and 70 runs scored. He's added 15 doubles and seven triples.
Matt Barnes [Boston Red Sox]:
- Week: Barnes made two appearances that were polar opposites of each other. On Sunday, he allowed two runs on two hits in 0.1 innings of work. On Wednesday, he rebounded and pitched 1.2 shut out innings, only allowing one hit.
- Season: In 49.0 innings pitched, Barnes has made 39 appearances, all in relief. He has a 3.12 ERA, a 1.27 WHIP and 47 strikeouts against 20 walks.
Carson Cross [State College Spikes - A- Short Season (St. Louis Cardinals)]:
- Week: Cross made one start, throwing 6.0 innings. He allowed one run, which was unearned, scattering two hits. He struck out five and walked two, hitting one.
- Season: Cross has pitched 46.2 innings in eight starts, with a 3-3 record. Batters have hit .272 against him and he has a WHIP of 1.23, as well as an ERA of 3.47. He has 26 strikeouts against 13 walks and has hit three batters.
LJ Mazzilli [Binghamton Mets - AA (New York Mets)]:
- Week: Mazzilli may have only gone 1-19 this week, but he was able to still reach base, slashing .053/.280/.053. He walked six times, three of which were on Thursday. He scored a run and added an RBI.
- Season: In 91 games, Mazzilli has hit .246/.336/.345 with 12 doubles, five triples and 35 RBI. He has worked 44 walks and has scored 43 runs. He is 6-8 stealing bases.
Max McDowell [Wisconsin Timber Rattlers - A (Milwaukee Brewers)]:
- Week: McDowell hit 6-20 on the week, with a slash line of .300/.333/.600. He had a huge day on Wednesday, going 3-4 with a double and his first one home run on the season. He had three RBI, as well. He added two more RBI on Thursday.
- Season: In 69 games, McDowell has hit .285/.362/.375. He has 20 RBI and 19 doubles. He is 14-17 on stolen base attempts. He was named a Midwest League All-Star starter.
Bobby Melley [Princeton Rays - Rookie (Tampa Bay Rays)]:
- Week: In a week where he had two days off, Melley hit 4-15 with a slash line of .267/.389/.333. He had four RBI, two of which were in his 2-4 day on Wednesday. The other two came in Thursday's game, which was suspended and completed on Friday.
- Season: Melley made his debut on June 23 after signing a minor league deal with the Tampa Bay Rays on June 21. In 27 games, he has slashed .333/.412/.495, hitting two home runs and 10 doubles to go along with 19 RBI and 24 runs.
Greg Nappo [New Orleans Zephyrs - AAA (Miami Marlins)]:
- Week: Nappo threw 3.0 innings on Thursday, not allowing a run on two hits. He struck out four and did not walk any. He faced John Andreoli in the 7th and struck him out on four pitches.
- Season: In 19 appearances with one start, Nappo has pitched 47.2 innings. He has a WHIP of 1.49 to go along with 39 strikeouts and 23 walks. He has an ERA of 4.34.
Scott Oberg [Colorado Rockies]:
- Week: Oberg made four appearances, pitching 3.1 innings. He allowed one run on three hits and struck out one across all three appearances. He also walked one. On Thursday, he got out of a bases loaded jam with nobody out without allowing a run. On Friday, he completed his inning on only three pitches.
- Season: In two stints with Albuquerque and three with Colorado, he has pitched in 41 games, 14for Colorado and 27 for Albuquerque. In AAA, he is 8-9 on save opportunities and has a BAA of .160 as well as a WHIP of 0.90, striking out 36 batters in 29.2 innings. In MLB, he has thrown 17.2 innings, striking out nine and walking six. He has a BAA of .258 and a WHIP of 1.30.
Tyler Olander [GCL Blue Jays- Rookie (Toronto Blue Jays)]:
- Week: Olander made his professional debut on Tuesday, pitching 1.0 innings. He allowed one hit, walked two and struck out one. He did not allow a run.
- Season: He was assigned to Bluefield on June 24 and was assigned to GCL Blue Jays on July 26.
Mike Olt [San Antonio Missions - AA (San Diego Padres)]:
- Week: Olt remains on the 7-day DL and can be activated at any time.
- Season: In 52 games between AAA and AA, Olt hit .253/.369/.398. He has 25 RBI while scoring 25 runs, working 31 walks. He has five home runs on the season. He was placed on the 7-day DL on June 15 retroactive to June 13.
Patrick Ruotolo [Salem-Keizer - A-Short Season (San Francisco Giants)]:
- Week: Ruotolo made two appearances, pitching 3.0 innings. He was 2-2 in save opportunities. He struck out seven, walked three and only allowed one hit.
- Season: Ruotolo made his professional debut on June 22 after signing his minor league contract with the San Francisco Giants on June 17. He has pitched 14.1 innings, allowing seven hits and an unearned run. He has struck out 25 and has walked seven. He was promoted to A- Short Season on July 7.
Vinny Siena [St. Lucie Mets - A+ (New York Mets)]:
- Week: Siena hit 4-13 this week with a slash line of .308/.308/.308. He scored two runs and struck out once on the week.
- Season: Siena has played in 92 games between A and A+, hitting .280/.406/.366. He has 66 runs, four triples and 21 RBI to go along with 20 doubles and 63 walks. He is 9-10 on stolen base attempts. He was named a South Atlantic League All-Star starter.
George Springer [Houston Astros]:
- Week: Springer hit 5-22 this week, slashing .227/.292/.364. He scored five runs with three RBI, contributing a solo home run. He has struck out 11 times this week to only two walks.
- Season: In 91 games, Springer is hitting .258/.352/.470 with 22 home runs and 60 RBI. He has scored 74 runs, hitting 15 doubles to go along with three triples. He finished second in the AL All-Star final vote.
Jack Sundberg [Auburn Doubledays - A- Short Season (Washington Nationals)]:
- Week: Sundberg went 3-14 this week. He slashed .214/.214/.214. He went 2-4 on Saturday, adding an RBI and a stolen base.
- Season: Sundberg made his professional debut on June 24 after signing a minor league contract with the Washington Nationals on June 20. He has slashed .282/.366/.408 in 18 games between the GCL Nationals and the Auburn Doubledays. He is 5-7 on stolen base attempts. He was promoted to A- Short Season on July 5.
The WNBA is off for a month due to the Olympics. Teams return to action on August 26.
Sue Bird [Seattle Storm]:
- This Week: 7/25 vs USA Select Team - 6 points, 2 rebounds, 1 assist; 7/27 vs France - 5 points, 5 rebounds, 8 assists; 7/29 vs Canada - 2 points, 4 assists; 7/31 vs Australia - 0 points, 3 rebounds, 6 assists.
- Season: In 24 games, is averaging 12.5 points, 3.0 rebounds and 6.0 assists.
Swin Cash [New York Liberty]:
- Season: In 23 games, is averaging 5.2 points and 3.3 rebounds.
Tina Charles [New York Liberty]:
- This Week: 7/25 vs USA Select Team - 8 points, 4 rebounds; 7/27 vs France - 17 points, 5 rebounds; 7/29 vs Canada - 6 points, 3 rebounds; 7/31 vs Australia - 1 point, 5 rebounds, 2 assists.
- Season: In 25 games, is leading the league in scoring with 21.4 points and 9.6 rebounds along with 3.7 assists per game.
Stefanie Dolson [Washington Mystics]:
- This Week: Did not score and had 3 rebounds for USA Select Team on 7/25.
- Season: In 24 games, is averaging 8 points and 4.7 rebounds.
Kelly Faris [Connecticut Sun]:
- Season: In 22 games, is averaging 2 points and 1 rebounds.
Bria Hartley [Washington Mystics]:
- Season: In 24 games, is averaging 6.5 rebounds, 2 rebounds and 2.3 assists.
Tiffany Hayes [Atlanta Dream]:
- Season: In 24 games, is averaging 14.5 points, 3.3 rebounds and 2.7 assists.
Moriah Jefferson [San Antonio Stars]:
- Season: In 23 games, is averaging 12.2 points, 2.2 rebounds and 4 assists.
Renee Montgomery [Minnesota Lynx]:
- Season: In 25 games, is averaging 7.8 points, 3.0 assists and 1.1 steals.
Maya Moore [Minnesota Lynx]:
- This Week: 7/25 vs USA Select Team - 11 points, 3 rebounds, 3 assists; 7/27 vs France - 13 points, 5 rebounds, 3 assists, 3 steals; 7/29 vs Canada - 6 points, 4 rebounds, 2 assists, 2 steals; 7/31 vs Australia - 13 points, 6 rebounds, 6 assists.
- Season: In 25 games, is averaging 19.4 points, 5.2 rebounds and 4.4 assists.
Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis [Seattle Storm]:
- Season: In 22 games, is averaging 4.7 points and 0.8 assists.
Breanna Stewart [Seattle Storm]:
- This Week: 7/25 vs USA Select Team - 8 points, 3 rebounds; 7/27 vs France - 3 points, 3 rebounds; 7/29 vs Canada - 5 points, 2 rebounds; 7/31 vs Australia - 4 points, 3 rebounds.
- Season: In 24 games, is averaging 19.2 points, 9.3 rebounds, 3.5 assists and 2.0 blocks.
Kiah Stokes [New York Liberty]:
- This Week: Had two points and four rebounds for USA Select Team on 7/25.
- Season: In 26 games, is averaging 7.1 points, 7.7 rebounds and 1.4 blocks.
Diana Taurasi [Phoenix Mercury]:
- This Week: 7/25 vs USA Select Team - 7 points, 3 rebounds, 5 assists; 7/27 vs France - 10 points, 3 rebounds, 3 assists, 7/29 vs Team Canada - 14 points, 1 rebound; 7/31 vs Australia - 20 points, 3 rebounds, 3 assists.
- Season: In 23 games, is averaging 18.9 points, 3.3 rebounds and 4.3 assists.
Morgan Tuck [Connecticut Sun]:
- Season: In 24 games, is averaging 7.2 points, 2.9 rebounds and 1.2 assists.
Carlos Alvarez [San Antonio FC - USL]:
- Week: Did not have a shot on goal in 2-1 loss to Swope Park Rangers.
- Season: In 19 games, has one goal and four assists with 37 shots (18 on goal).
Andre Blake [Philadelphia Union - MLS]:
- Week: Played one half in the MLS All-Star game and allowed one goal and made three saves.
- Season: Is 7-7-6 in 20 games with a 1.55 GAA and 65.2% save percentage with four shutouts.
Tony Cascio [Arizona United SC - USL]:
- Week: Came off the bench in 2-1 loss to Tulsa Roughnecks FC
- Season: In 13 games, has two assists with five shots.
George Fochive [Viborg FF - Danish Superliga]:
- Week: Did not play in 2-1 win over Esbjerg.
- Season: One game played, one start
Julius James [Ft. Lauderdale Strikers - NASL]:
- Week: Picked up a yellow card in 2-1 win over Jacksonville Armada FC.
- Season: 9 games played, 0 shots on goal.
Josh Ford [San Antonio FC - USL]:
- Week: Did not play in 2-1 loss to Swope Park Rangers.
- Season: Is 5-4-6 with a 0.88 GAA and 76.8 save percentage.
Cyle Larin [Orlando City SC - MLS]:
- Week: Played 13 minutes off the bench in MLS All-Star Game.
- Season: In 19 games, had 10 goals and 3 assists on 48 shots (23 on goal).
Shawn Nicklaw [FC Edmonton - NASL]:
- Week: Did not have a shot in 2-1 win over NY Cosmos.
- Season: Was traded to FC Edmonton from Jacksonville on July 6. In 6 six games with Jacksonville Armada had three shots. Has one shot in four games with FC Edmonton.
Stephanie Labbe [Washington Spirit - NWSL]:
- Week: Is with Team Canada for the Olympics.
- Season: In eight games for Washington, she is 5-2-1 with a 0.88 goals against average with a save percentage of 80%.
Brittany Taylor [FC Kansas City - NWSL]:
- Week: Did not register a shot in 1-0 loss to Chicago Red Stars.
- Season: In 15 games, has taken 9 shots.
Martin Bedard [Montreal Alouettes - CFL]:
- Week: As usual was the long snapper in Montreal's 30-17 loss to Toronto and Montreal's 41-3 win over Saskatchewan.
- Season: Five games, one tackle
Rueben Frank [Edmonton Eskimos - CFL]:
- Week: Did not make a tackle in 30-23 loss to Winnipeg Blue Bombers.
- Season: 5 games, 6 tackles, 1 QB sack, 1 blocked punt, 1 fumble recovery, 1 touchdown
Jesse Joseph [Montreal Alouettes - CFL]:
- Week: Did not play in 30-17 loss to Toronto or in 41-3 win over Saskatchewan.
- Season: 1 game, 1 tackle, 1 sack.
Alex Mateas [Ottawa Redblacks - CFL]:
- Week: No game; in action Sunday night
- Season: He has made five starts at right guard and has one tackle on a turnover.
Larry Taylor [Toronto Argonauts - CFL]:
- Week: Had three punt returns for 18 yards in 30-17 win over Montreal.
- Season: 5 games, 539 total return yards.