The Lebanon Daily News released an article earlier this week about UConn linebacker Jon Hicks, a Palmyra, Pennsylvania product who may play a big role in Bob Diaco's 3-4 scheme. Hicks was a bit of a fan favorite last year for his special teams prowess and nose for making plays when he got on the field at linebacker.
The article was written by former UConn Blog football writer Andrew Callahan, a beast mode film analyst and all-around good guy. His contributions made our football coverage really stand out during his tenure. He was kind enough to join Tim and myself for a recording of "The UConn Pod."
Across 30 fun-filled minutes, we discuss:
- How junior linebacker Jon Hicks could break out this year
- Whether we should be concerned about UConn Football recruiting
- The departure of Jefferson Ashiru to Maryland
- Yay or Nay on the Civil Conflict
- Tim compares George O'Leary to "the hottest girl in school"
- Early takes on the battle for starting quarterback