It's Big East Media Day, which means that along with a gratuitous lobster dinner we get to see the media's Big East preseason poll. But before we talk about the results, let's take a look at previous polls and see where the media thought UConn would finish.
- 2006: The Huskies were picked sixth.
- 2007: The media mixed things up and dropped UConn to seventh. The Huskies would be ranked 13th in the BCS standings by early November.
- 2008: The Huskies were picked sixth.
- 2009: The Huskies were picked sixth.
- 2010: The media mixed things up again and picked UConn fourth, which is like the sixth-place of the top half of the poll. UConn won the conference and played in the Fiesta Bowl.
- 2011: The Huskies were picked sixth.